Find a Massage in Alaska
Thank you for looking for a massage practitioner in Alaska on Massagetique!
You can find massage therapists listed in these Alaska cities:
Data from the United States Census Bureau indicates more than 740,000 people lived in the state of Alaska in 2016. Of this figure, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) estimates 700 residents worked as massage therapists. In Alaska, massage therapists averaged a mean annual salary of $84,150 in 2015. In contrast, the mean income for Alaskan residents in 2015 was $33,413.
The Alaska Board of Massage Therapists supervises and regulates the professional practice of massage therapy in the state. According to the Board, each company, enterprise, or massage therapist in Alaska must be licensed in order to provide professional massage services. Practitioners who have an expired massage therapy license may renew their license by submitting the following documentation and fees:
- Current CPR card
- An official renewal application
- A new fingerprint card (with fresh fingerprints) and a $60 fee
- Any other necessary fees
- An attestation that they completed the required six continuing education credits. A randomly selected group of applicants will be chosen to provide a copy of these six credits.
Massage therapists in Alaska may run a private practice; offer home- or location-based services, work in a spa, medical, or group setting; and/or work in the tourism industry. Massage and bodywork services can contribute to overall relaxation and wellness and also treat physical ailments or conditions.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. (2016). Occupational employment and wages, may 2015: 31-9011 massage therapists. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes319011.htm
- Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development. (n.d.). Board of massage therapists. Retrieved from https://www.commerce.alaska.gov/web/cbpl/ProfessionalLicensing/BoardofMassageTherapists.aspx
- United States Census Bureau. (n.d.). Quickfacts: Alaska. Retrieved from https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045216/02