Find a Massage in Alabama
Thank you for looking for a massage practitioner in Alabama on Massagetique!
You can find massage therapists listed in these Alabama cities:
In Alabama, massage therapists and any businesses or enterprises that offer massage therapy services are required to obtain licensure from the Alabama Board of Massage Therapy, unless specifically exempt. This oversight is necessary to maintain high quality services, professional ethics, and best practices for both clients and practitioners.
There are several requirements a person must meet in order to qualify for licensure in massage therapy in Alabama. This includes:
- At least 650 hours of training at an accredited school for massage therapy
- Evidence of certification from the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
- At least $1 million personal liability insurance coverage.
Massage therapists in Alabama may work in a group practice or spa setting, run a private practice, and/or offer home-based or on-location massage services.
The United States Census Bureau estimates 4.8 million people lived in Alabama in 2016. Of that total, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports approximately 340 individuals were employed as massage therapists. According to the BLS, massage therapists in Alabama earned an annual mean wage of $33,520 in 2015.
- Alabama Board of Massage Therapy. (n.d.). Licensure requirements and search.
Retrieved from http://www.almtbd.state.al.us/licensee.aspx
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. (2016). Occupational employment and wages, may 2015: 31-9011 massage therapists.
Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes319011.htm
- United States Census Bureau. (n.d.). Quickfacts: Alabama.
Retrieved from https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045216/01