Find a Massage in Oregon
Thank you for looking for a massage practitioner in Oregon on Massagetique!
You can find massage therapists listed in these Oregon cities:
Massage therapy is an expanding industry in the state of Oregon. Massage therapy may be defined as the physical manipulation of the soft tissues of the human body for the purpose of improving relaxation, muscle tone, blood circulation, and general well-being. While there are many different massage modalities, the two primary categories of massage are relaxation massage and rehabilitative massage. In Oregon, massage therapists provide their services under the supervision and direction of the Oregon Board of Massage Therapists.
State residents may be encouraged to find a massage therapist in Oregon for a number of reasons. Some of the issues that may be helped by massage therapy include headaches, sports injuries, soft tissue strains, anxiety, and insomnia. Licensed massage therapists in Oregon offer expert treatment in a variety of therapeutic settings. Massage services may be available in hospitals, spas, salons, nursing homes, or health clubs.
According to information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are roughly 1,810 licensed massage therapists in Oregon. These bodywork and massage professionals offer services to the 4 million people who reside in the state.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. (2016). Occupational employment and wages, may 2015: 31-9011 massage therapists. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes319011.htm
- Mayo Clinic. (2015). Massage: Get in touch with its many benefits. Retrieved from http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/massage/art-20045743
- Northwestern Health Sciences University. (n.d.) What is massage therapy? Retrieved from https://www.nwhealth.edu/school-of-massage-therapy/massage-therapy-definition/
- Oregon Board of Massage Therapists. (n.d.). Licensing information. Retrieved from https://www.oregon.gov/OBMT/Pages/licensing.aspx
- United States Census Bureau. (n.d.). Quickfacts: Oregon. Retrieved from https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045216/41