Find a Massage in Rhode Island
Thank you for looking for a massage practitioner in Rhode Island on Massagetique!
You can find massage therapists listed in these Rhode Island cities:
Massage therapy in Rhode Island is regulated by the Rhode Island Board of Massage Therapy. In Rhode Island, massage therapists and all massage-related enterprises must acquire a valid license prior to offering massage services to residents of the state. This Board requirement is important as it safeguards the welfare and health of the public, protects residents from untrained practitioners, and encourages high quality practice among qualified massage therapists.
Residents may decide to find a massage therapist in Rhode Island for many reasons. For example, people might access massage services in order to achieve relaxation or to treat a specific medical condition. In Rhode Island, massage therapists are trained to provide relief for chronic stress, anxiety, headaches, soft tissue strains, physical injuries, and other health concerns.
Currently, there are an estimated 210 licensed massage therapists in Rhode Island. They serve the 1 million residents of the state and earn an annual average wage of $36,660.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. (2016). Occupational employment and wages, may 2015: 31-9011 massage therapists. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes319011.htm
- Department of Health. (n.d.). Massage therapy. Retrieved from http://health.ri.gov/licenses/detail.php?id=229
- Mayo Clinic. (2015). Massage: Get in touch with its many benefits. Retrieved from http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/massage/art-20045743
- Northwestern Health Sciences University. (n.d.) What is massage therapy? Retrieved from https://www.nwhealth.edu/school-of-massage-therapy/massage-therapy-definition/
- United States Census Bureau. (n.d.). Quickfacts: Rhode island. Retrieved from https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045216/44