Find a Massage in Texas
Thank you for looking for a massage practitioner in Texas on Massagetique!
You can find massage therapists listed in these Texas cities:
- El Paso
- Fort Worth
- Haltom City
- Port Isabel
- San Antonio
- San Marcos
The Department of State Health Services regulates and licenses massage schools, massage therapy instructors, massage therapy establishments, and massage therapists in Texas. Massage therapy refers to the skillful physical manipulation of the soft tissues of the body in order to promote relaxation, blood circulation, muscle tone, and/or treat health conditions. It may involve stroking, kneading, tapping, or vibrating body tissues in specific ways in order to address specific concerns. Licensed massage therapists in Texas are specially trained to assist state residents with physical injuries, soft tissue strains, joint issues, digestive issues, headaches, insomnia, anxiety, and other health concerns. However some clients may seek massage services for comfort, relaxation, or connection.
Employment data published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows approximately 5,270 people are employed as licensed massage therapists in Texas. They provide treatment for the 28 million residents of the state, and are paid an average yearly salary of $38,770.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. (2016). Occupational employment and wages, may 2015: 31-9011 massage therapists. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes319011.htm
- Mayo Clinic. (2015). Massage: Get in touch with its many benefits. Retrieved from http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/massage/art-20045743
- Northwestern Health Sciences University. (n.d.) What is massage therapy? Retrieved from https://www.nwhealth.edu/school-of-massage-therapy/massage-therapy-definition/
- Texas Department of State Health Services. (2014). Massage therapy licensing program homepage. Retrieved from https://www.dshs.texas.gov/massage/default.shtm
- United States Census Bureau. (n.d.). Quickfacts: Texas. Retrieved from https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045216/48