Find a Massage in Virginia
Thank you for looking for a massage practitioner in Virginia on Massagetique!
You can find massage therapists listed in these Virginia cities:
- Locust Grove
- Mc Lean
- Newport News
- Virginia Beach
Licensed massage therapists in Virginia offer relaxation and rehabilitative massage services to the 8.4 million residents of the state. In many cases, the needs of the client dictates the type of technique used in each session. For example, massage therapists in Virginia may employ deep massage to address muscle damage, Swedish massage to promote relaxation, sports massage to prevent injury, or trigger point massage to treat tense muscle fibers. While many people seek massage treatment of their own volition, doctors may recommend that clients experiencing particular physical or mental health conditions find a massage therapist. In Virginia, massage therapists are trained to help individuals with persistent headaches, chronic stress, anxiety, soft tissue strains, muscle issues, joint issues, and many other concerns.
Reports from the Bureau of Labor Statistics indicate roughly 2,370 people work as licensed massage therapists in Virginia. They offer treatment in a number of settings, including clinics, nursing homes, hospitals, health clubs, spas, salons, and private homes. The professional practice of massage therapy in Virginia is licensed and regulated by the Virginia Board of Nursing.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. (2016). Occupational employment and wages, may 2015: 31-9011 massage therapists. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes319011.htm
- Mayo Clinic. (2015). Massage: Get in touch with its many benefits. Retrieved from http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/massage/art-20045743
- Northwestern Health Sciences University. (n.d.) What is massage therapy? Retrieved from https://www.nwhealth.edu/school-of-massage-therapy/massage-therapy-definition/
- United States Census Bureau. (n.d.). Quickfacts: Virginia. Retrieved from https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045216/51
- Virginia Board of Nursing. (n.d.). Licensed massage therapist applications. Retrieved from https://www.dhp.virginia.gov/nursing/nursing_forms.htm#MassageTherapist