Find a Massage in South Carolina
Thank you for looking for a massage practitioner in South Carolina on Massagetique!
You can find massage therapists listed in these South Carolina cities:
There are numerous factors that may influence state residents to find a massage therapist in South Carolina. Massage therapists may help people to feel relaxed, comfortable, and connected; they may also provide relief for many physical and mental health issues such as anxiety, headaches, muscular tension, soft tissue strains, chronic stress, digestive concerns, fibromyalgia, insomnia, and physical pain. Massage therapy in South Carolina is supervised and regulated by the South Carolina Massage and Bodywork Panel—a subset of the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation. The Panel protects the general public by issuing licenses only to individuals who meet the education, experience, and ethical requirements to serve as professional massage therapists in South Carolina.
As of 2015, an estimated 1,130 people are employed as licensed massage therapists in South Carolina. Data from the United States Census Bureau shows approximately 5 million state residents have the opportunity to benefit from their services. In South Carolina, massage therapists are paid an annual average salary of $36,900.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. (2016). Occupational employment and wages, may 2015: 31-9011 massage therapists. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes319011.htm
- Mayo Clinic. (2015). Massage: Get in touch with its many benefits. Retrieved from http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/massage/art-20045743
- Northwestern Health Sciences University. (n.d.) What is massage therapy? Retrieved from https://www.nwhealth.edu/school-of-massage-therapy/massage-therapy-definition/
- South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation. (n.d.). South carolina massage and bodywork panel. Retrieved fromhttp://www.llr.state.sc.us/POL/MassageTherapy/
- United States Census Bureau. (n.d.). Quickfacts: South Carolina. Retrieved from https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045216/45