Find a Massage in Tennessee
Thank you for looking for a massage practitioner in Tennessee on Massagetique!
You can find massage therapists listed in these Tennessee cities:
Massage therapy refers to the skillful manipulation of the body’s soft tissues in order to promote circulation, relaxation and good general health. The Board of Massage Licensure oversees the professional practice of massage therapy in Tennessee. Massage therapists are trained to provide relief for a number of adverse physical and mental issues. Some of the reasons state residents may visit a licensed massage therapist in Tennessee include anxiety, stress, soft tissue strains, insomnia, digestive issues, headaches, and physical injuries.
Licensed massage therapists in Tennessee may provide health services in a variety of contexts and settings. They may work at clinics, nursing homes, hospitals, health clubs, spas, and salons. In Tennessee, massage therapists may even provide treatment in private homes.
According to information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Tennessee has more than 6.6 million residents, and 1,340 people were employed as licensed massage therapists in Tennessee in 2015. Massage therapists received a yearly average wage of $35,650.
- Board of Massage Licensure. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.tn.gov/health/article/ML-statutes
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. (2016). Occupational employment and wages, may 2015: 31-9011 massage therapists. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes319011.htm
- Mayo Clinic. (2015). Massage: Get in touch with its many benefits. Retrieved from http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/massage/art-20045743
- Northwestern Health Sciences University. (n.d.) What is massage therapy? Retrieved from https://www.nwhealth.edu/school-of-massage-therapy/massage-therapy-definition/
- United States Census Bureau. (n.d.). Quickfacts: Tennessee. Retrieved from https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045216/47