Find a Massage in Utah
Thank you for looking for a massage practitioner in Utah on Massagetique!
You can find massage therapists listed in these Utah cities:
Relaxation and rehabilitation are the two primary reasons Utah residents may visit a licensed massage therapist. In Utah, massage therapists are expertly trained to assist individuals with a number of mental and physical health concerns. Some of the issues that may be addressed with massage therapy include fibromyalgia, headaches, soft tissue strains, pain, stress, insomnia, and physical injuries. However some residents may seek massage therapy in order to feel more relaxed, comforted, and connected.
Massage therapists in Utah work under the supervision of the Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing (DOPL). One of its key requirements is that all massage schools, massage businesses, and massage therapists in Utah must acquire a license in other to offer massage services. The DOPL safeguards public health and welfare and shields residents from unauthorized, untrained, or incompetent practitioners.
In Utah, massage therapists provide treatment in spas, health clubs, salons, clinics, nursing homes, hospitals, and private homes. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) claims approximately 1,300 men and women are employed as massage therapists in Utah and they serve roughly 3 million residents in the state.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. (2016). Occupational employment and wages, may 2015: 31-9011 massage therapists. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes319011.htm
- Mayo Clinic. (2015). Massage: Get in touch with its many benefits. Retrieved from http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/massage/art-20045743
- Northwestern Health Sciences University. (n.d.) What is massage therapy? Retrieved from https://www.nwhealth.edu/school-of-massage-therapy/massage-therapy-definition/
- Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing. (n.d.). Massage therapy. Retrieved from http://www.dopl.utah.gov/licensing/massage_therapy.html
- United States Census Bureau. (n.d.). Quickfacts: Utah. Retrieved from https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045216/49